The Nashville City Club was voted Best Place to Get Married in both the 2011 and 2012 Music City Awards. We believe in making each guest feel comfortable and confident in the process of booking, planning and enjoying your event. From the initial contact until the time you are making your grand exit at the end of your wedding reception, we are here to bring to life your big day.
As you begin planning your wedding, there are five important things to know when booking your wedding event space:
1. Wedding Date: When you call the Nashville City Club, the first question we ask you is what date you are looking for. If we have your date available, great! If not, the second question is then, “How flexible are you?” We might have the following weekend open or other dates within the surrounding weeks. If you are set on your date, also be ready to consider the space as a possible rehearsal dinner location the day before.
2. Number of Guests: We understand that in this stage of the game, you’re not sure on the final number, but a ballpark estimate can help us to narrow down which space is best for your event. For instance, we have two main spaces available at the Club and, depending on your number of guests, this information will drive the conversation in terms of pricing, style of event and room setup.
3. Budget: As you are looking for event spaces, it is good to have a general idea of your total budget. This can help us to determine how much can be allotted per guest, which is how most venues structure their menu selections. At the City Club, we provide each client with custom proposals for their event, based on their menu selections and other event needs. With this information, you can see, line by line, what you are paying for! From this point, we can adjust our selections to fit your budget and vision and create a truly unique event!
4. Reception Style: Are you looking for a ceremony and reception? Are you envisioning a formal, seated dinner, a buffet or a cocktail style reception with food stations and passed appetizers? Connecting back to your number of guests, this is another important question that can help us narrow down the space we need for the event. Along with custom proposals, we will also prepare a custom layout for your event based on your individual setup needs and ideas.
5. Special Needs: Before you start looking into venues, it is a good idea to have a grasp on any special needs or requests specific to your event and guests. For instance, do you have a lot of out of town family who will need hotels and travel accommodations? The City Club is conveniently located downtown, within walking distance of several hotels and Nashville hotspots. Also, voted the 2011 and 2012 Best View of the City, the City Club is the perfect place to show off the city skyline! Other special need considerations include holiday, theme or green weddings, dietary needs or destination weddings.
Call us today to start the conversation!
Shelby Bourne, Private Events Manager
Photos courtesy of The Collection, Don Wright Designs & Photography, Scoobie’s Photographic Images.