RAISING FUNDS (PART TWO): Creative tips that will make your next fundraiser a smashing success!
By Krista Chapman
Five more great cost saving tips:
6. Fill the seats! Flyers, invitations, and advertisements all work great, but the City Club can also aid in event promotion. With a member database of nearly 1100 business owners, professionals and other community oriented people, we can help to get out the word about your fabulous event.
7. Be Visual! Utilizing AV Equipment located onsite we can help you to create visual and audio demonstrations showcasing how their donations make a difference. Our trained staff will also assist with operation and set-up, saving you costly technician fees.
8. Showcase History! The more the public is aware of your cause and the history and progress your organization has been able to make in the community, the more likely they are to support and feel connected. I often recommend Client use our Library. With built in bookshelves and a cozy fireplace is the perfect place to create a corner for historical pictures, scrapbooks and paraphernalia. Take this a step further with wishing wells for past love ones taken by a disease or stories of those benefited by your cause.
9. Interactive Experiences! With option to gain more donations… silent and live auctions, raffle tickets, dunk tanks, etc. The Club has worked with numerous vendor over the past 50 years and can recommend companies that will walk you through every step.
10. Follow up with a Survey! How better to judge your success (and ask for additional donations) then with a survey. What worked, what didn’t and what will bring droves to you next event? The only way to know is to ask.
Hopefully, you will find these tips helpful when planning your next fundraiser. Up next in our Expert Event Series: Cost Saving Event Tips.